The FACT bowling league is on again this year! If you are looking for a great way to bond with your child while exposing them to the sense of pride that comes with being part of a team, then look no further.
- Where- Pinboys, 1577Laskin Rd in Virginia Beach
- When- Sunday from 3:00- 5:00 p.m.
- Cost- A one-time fee of $120 (financial assistance is available) will cover all league expenses, shoe rentals, party expenses, and trophies Please note that league fees do not cover the cost of food, drinks, arcade games, etc.
- Who- Although FACT volunteers will be present, their presence is mainly dedicated to organizing activities, facilitating the schedule, and encouraging participation and socialization. Therefore, parents and/or parent-provided caregivers are encourage attend (see eligibility requirements). This is a perfect opportunity to engage with your child by helping him to keep score, keeping him on task, and encouraging him.
- There will be 4 bowlers to a team. Schedule will be as follows:
- 3:00- arrive, check-in, select ball, rent shoes, & find assigned lane; 3:15 -team play begins (2 games); 5:00-team play concludes because of other leagues.
- Drop-off regulations- Bowlers who are 11 and older may be dropped off IF they can verbalize wants/needs, follow complex verbal directions, use the toilet independently, have basic understanding of dangerous situations and consequences, and exhibit appropriate behavior. Parents must arrive by 4:45 for pick up.
- FACT reserves the right to require parent/ caregiver attendance if we deem it necessary.
- 10 and younger must be accompanied by a parent, no exceptions.
- Bowlers must be checked in by 3:15 at the very latest. Due to the nature of the disability and its associated issues with excessive waiting, all tardy check ins will have to wait until the next game to play.
The Fine Print:
- Every bowler must complete an application and waiver of liability.
- Cancellations for severe weather will be posted on the FACT Facebook page by noon on the day of play. Please look us up at https://www.facebook.com/familiesofautisticchildrenintidewater if you haven’t already!
- If you will be tardy or absent, please contact our Bowling Coordinator.
- Absolutely NO DROP-OFFS BEFORE 3:00because of staffing and liability concerns.
- Contact our Director, Pam Clendenen, if you have any questions before the start of league.
757-422-2040 or firstname.lastname@example.org