In order to be a rider in the iCan Bike program, the individual must meet all of the below requirements:
- be at least 8 years old
- have a disability
- walk without an assistive device
- be able to side step to both sides
- be able to wear a properly fitted bike helmet
- have a minimum inseam of at least 20”
- not exceed the weight maximum of 220 lbs.
It is important to consider behavioral issues when evaluating this program. An individual may be physically able to ride a bike, but if their behavior is such that they cannot be persuaded to get on the bike and follow instructions, then it is likely this program will not be beneficial. Individuals with severe behavioral issues may be removed from the program if their actions are potentially harmful to themselves or others.
How it Works
- Each rider attends the same 75-minute session each day of camp (M – F)
- 5 consecutive days (M – F) and 5 consecutive 75-minute sessions are scheduled per day
- 2 iCan Bike Staff – Floor Supervisor & Bike Technician conduct the camp
- Volunteer spotters run beside each rider. Volunteers are needed.
We will be hosting Bike Camp in 2019 dates are 6/24 – 6/28. Registration will open on 4/1/19 on the I Can Bike website. We will include the link when it becomes available.